Mobile advertising industry is booming and businesses are turning towards mobile advertising like never before. In this boom, AppsFlyer, the leading global mobile attribution and marketing analytics company, released the latest edition of The AppsFlyer Performance Index, ranking the Top Media Sources in Mobile Advertising between January – June (First Half), 2016. This Index reveals trends in industry and new players in the app marketing segment, comparing advertising network rankings with positions previously held in the last Index, at the end of 2015. As with preceding editions, The AppsFlyer Performance Index delivers an independent, bird’s-eye view of the entire mobile advertising ecosystem by evaluating which media sources have the ability to scale app user growth, deliver strong retention rates and attract the most engaged app users.
The Index offers a global look at the Top Media Sources in Mobile Advertising, covering:
- Operating systems (Android and iOS)
- Regions: North America; Asia-Pacific (APAC); Europe; Latin America
- App store categories: Gaming, Shopping, Entertainment / Lifestyle, Travel, Utilities, Finance, News, Music, Health & Fitness and more
Oren Kaniel, CEO of AppsFlyer, said –
We’re excited to release the latest edition of The AppsFlyer Performance Index, which has become one of the most important resources in the mobile marketing industry for publishers, advertisers and even investors. As the leading mobile marketing measurement company across the world, we are in a unique position to offer an in-depth, unbiased look at how users, publishers, marketers and developers are influencing mobile growth and trends — along with showcasing the diversity that exists in the rapidly-evolving mobile app ecosystem. It’s our mission to empower marketers with the best data-driven insights to inform their marketing decisions, and The AppsFlyer Performance Index is a manifestation of that mission — allowing industry players to peek over the fence, look beyond their own performance data and identify which media sources perform best among their peers and competitors.
A few key findings from the latest edition of the Index include:
- Facebook is still on top, maintaining its position as the top media source in mobile advertising. Thanks to its unmatched scale and strong retention, the social network ranked first place globally in both the Android and iOS power rankings.
- Google is making impressive gains in mobile, especially in its ability to deliver quality users driven by powerful intent signals. The search giant has also driven massive scale, combining for a powerful quantity-quality punch.
- Twitter has shown it can consistently deliver loyal users across the board. On Android it holds the #1 and #2 positions in global retention scores in both non-gaming-related and gaming-related categories, respectively. While on iOS, the social network climbed up the charts to reach the top 5.
- The mobile app advertising ecosystem is as strong and healthy as ever. Over the last six months there has been a great deal of movement as networks gained or lost in their scale and retention rankings. A few first-timers also appear in the latest index, a sign of industry health and strong competition.
- Several additional industry players are able to scale and deliver strong retention both regionally and globally — giving marketers many options to work with as they look to attract users on regional and global levels. These include AppLovin, Chartboost, AdColony, Vungle, Applift, Avazu, Mobvista and several others that showed strong positions in the rankings.
- Video ads on mobile are a winning way to deliver loyal app users. With users able to have a detailed look at what an app is all about, there are less surprises — leading to high retention rates.
- App user retention on iOS and Android is neck-and-neck, as both platforms had a virtually identical retention score globally. Slightly different numbers were only evident in North America, where iOS retention was higher than Android, and in Europe where Android’s score was higher than iOS.
Download The AppsFlyer Performance Index for firsthalf of 2016 to know more details on ranking the Top Media Sources in Mobile Advertising from AppsFlyer Hub.